Driver License – U.S. Citizens
With MyDMVPortal, you may now access your driver license and motor vehicle information online. Services include:
- Replace or renew a driver license or ID card, if eligible.
- Replace or renew registration for a motor vehicle, vessel, or mobile home.
- Update your automobile insurance information to clear sanctions.
- View pending citations on your customer record.
- Update your Emergency Contact Information (ECI).
- Monitor a minor child, so you may receive notifications of any changes to the child's license or driver status or withdraw parental consent.
- Check the status of your driver license
- Change your address and much more!
What to Bring:
A STAR on your Florida driver license or ID card means you are Real ID compliant.
FOR CURRENT FLORIDA DRIVER LICENSE OR ID CARD WITH A STAR:
• Address Change: Bring two proofs of your new address (see #3 below)
• Name Change: Bring your official name change document (see #2 below)
FOR FIRST TIME FLORIDA LICENSE/ID CARDS, OR CURRENT FLORIDA LICENSES/ID CARDS WITHOUT A STAR, PLEASE SEE THE LIST BELOW:
1 - IDENTIFICATION
- US Passport (expired is ok)
- Original US Birth Certificate*
- Certified US Birth Certificate*
- Naturalization Certificate
- INS (USCIS) Documentation
*Does the name match your license or ID card? If not, don’t forget your name change documents; see #2 below.
2 - NAME CHANGE
BRING ALL THAT APPLY:
- Original Marriage Certificate*
- Certified Marriage Certificate*
- Divorce Decree
- Court Order
*This is only required when a prior name (or maiden name) is shown on the identification document provided; see #1 above.
3 - YOUR ADDRESS
BRING TWO forms of Residence*:
- Car or Boat Registration
- Utility Bill or Credit Card Bill
- Bank Statement
- Voter Registration Card
- Lease/Rental Agreement
- Deed, Mortgage
- Insurance Policy/Card
*You can fill out a self-certification form in place of the second piece of mail. Must show name and address (not a post office box).
4 - SOCIAL SECURITY*
- Social Security Card or Stub
- W-2/1099 Form (pre-printed)
- Pay Stub
- Proof must list the full name and full Social Security Number.
- Name changes must be reported to the Social Security Administration at least 24 hours prior to visiting our office. Please allow 1-2 business days for the record to update in the Florida DHSMV database.
Special Veteran Designation
Veterans who live in Florida can add a veteran designation to their driver license or ID card. Be prepared to present your DD-214, which shows honorable discharge from active duty. Veterans who need to obtain a copy of their DD-214 may request it through the National Archives, which provides information on how to make the request online at www.archives.gov.