Thank you for your interest in pursuing employment with the office of the Lake County Tax Collector. You are welcome to submit an online application for consideration.
We are an equal opportunity employer and offer Veterans' Preference upon initial hire in accordance with Florida Statute 295. The Tax Collector’s Office is a drug-free workplace and is committed to providing an environment that encourages and supports a safe, healthy, and productive workforce.
Transactions processed in our Service Centers:
- Motor vehicle, mobile home, boat, and trailer registrations and titles
- Driver Licenses
- Real Estate and Business Tax Payments
- Disabled parking permits
- Hunting and Fishing Licenses
- Concealed Weapons Permitting (Tavares and Clermont)
- 18 years of age or older
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid Florida Driver License in good standing
- Pass County and Federal Background Check
- Verification of employment eligibility using E-Verify.
- Aptitude for customer service, with a hospitable and welcoming demeanor; assisting the public and co-workers in a kind and courteous manner.
- Ability to focus on work assignments and tasks with attention to detail, in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates proficient data entry skills, Internet knowledge, and familiarity with MS Office products.
- Ability to identify and safeguard confidential customer information.
- Experience with cash handling preferred.
- Bilingual skills a plus.
Positions we hire for, when available:
- Full-time Customer Representative: 40 hours/week, Monday through Friday. Schedules will vary, between the hours of 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 pm.
- Part-time Customer Representative: 20 to 25 hours/week, Monday through Friday, during peak service times. The primary schedule is 9:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., with flexibility on specific hours.