Welcome to the online office of the Lake County Tax Collector. This website is representative of our ongoing effort to provide the citizens of Lake County with the best customer service possible.
Please call, write, or come in if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions.
Each year the Tax Collector undergoes an audit by an external agency. Below are the results of those audits.
Important Dates & Events
Renewal of motor vehicle license plate, which expires midnight of the owner's birthday. Renewals are accepted 90 days prior to birth month. This applies to passenger cars, recreational vehicles, vessels, light trucks under 5,000 lbs., small trailers, and motorcycles.
- Tax warrant processing begins on delinquent tangible personal property accounts.
- First property tax installment payment due on or before June 30th.
- Local Business Tax Receipt renewal notices mailed.
- Late first installments must be received on or before July 31st in order to participate in the installment program. If not received by deadline, participation in the program is cancelled. Discounts are not applicable on late installments, and a statutory 5% penalty applies.
- Local Business Tax Receipt renewals begin July 1st.
- Payment of 2016-2017 Local Business Tax Receipts accepted.