Welcome to the online office of the Lake County Tax Collector. This website is representative of our ongoing effort to provide the citizens of Lake County with the best customer service possible.
Please call, write, or come in if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions.
Each year the Tax Collector undergoes an audit by an external agency. Below are the results of those audits.
Important Dates & Events
Renewal of motor vehicle license plate, which expires midnight of the owner's birthday. Renewals are accepted 90 days prior to birth month. This applies to passenger cars, recreational vehicles, vessels, light trucks under 5,000 lbs., small trailers, and motorcycles.
- Gross amount due on real estate taxes by March 31st.
- Fourth property tax installment payment due by March 31st.
- All unpaid real estate property taxes become delinquent April 1st. 3% interest charge is added to the gross amount
- Taxes become delinquent April 1st of each year, at which time additional penalties, collection fees, and all other costs apply.
- New Local Business Tax Receipts are prorated beginning April 1st; half-year fees apply.
- Applications for next year's property tax installment payment plan due no later than April 30th.
- List of delinquent tangible personal property taxes advertised in a local newspaper one time.
- List of delinquent real estate taxes advertised once per week for three consecutive weeks, prior to tax certificate sale, in a local newspaper.
- Tax certificate sale for delinquent real estate taxes occurs on or before June 1st.